In this time of need for our country, state and county, we would like to invite you to participate in a virtual Town Hall meeting on COVID-19 as it relates to small businesses within New Kent County. Carl Knoblock with the SBA and Representative Rob Wittman will be participating in a 60 minute call which will begin at 1:00 pm EST on Thursday, April 9th. Information on how to access the call can be found below.
https://zoom.us/j/696503492 – if you are using a mobile device, you will have to download the “zoom” application. Users can also utilizing a dial in option: +1 929 205 6099, Meeting ID: 696 503 492#, then press # (no participant ID number).
There will be approximately 45 minutes allotted for a Q&A session with the panelists. In order to streamline the questions that we receive, we ask that you follow the procedure outlined below:
- New Kent County Director of Economic Development Matthew Smolnik will be serving as the moderator for the Q&A session
- If you have a question once the meeting begins, you can text or email Mr. Smolnik your question in the following format. Your first name, your question for either Carl or Representative Wittman.
- Example question: Mike, My question is I am a home based surveying company with 3 employees…do I qualify for an Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL)?
- Mr. Smolnik will be presenting the questions to the panelists in the order in which they are received. Please note that due to time limitations, we may not be able to get through all of the questions received.
- Mr. Smolnik can be reached via email at email@example.com and my cell phone number is 804-382-3675.
In the meantime, please visit the New Kent County Development Website (yesnewkent.com), the County’s Facebook page, or watch Cox channel 48 for available resources for our small business owners and see the links provided below for your reference. Please note that the virtual Town Hall meeting on April 9th is only intended to discuss COVID-19 and small businesses and we ask that you refrain from asking any other type of political question during the call. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you next week. Stay safe and have a nice weekend.